Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's A ....



BOY!

Carter Joseph Englert entered our world on Friday, January 30th at 8:30 am. He weighed 7 lbs 2.9 oz and was 19.75 inches long. He has a head full of black hair and of course has his mommy's nose, but daddy's lips.

He is doing well and so are mom, dad, and big sister Hannah. She really loves him and it is so sweet to see her want to touch and hold him. Although she would have preferred a girl, Hannah is accepting her little brother rather well.

It is so hard to belive we have a new addition and that he is a boy! All those pink clothes in his closet will have to go! And lots of shopping will be done!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

We are so happy and excited for all of you!! Carter is precious and we can't wait to meet him. When you are feeling up for visitors, we want to come by and bring Carter something. I know Hannah is adjusting very well to being a big sister - she will also be your "little mommy"! Hope you heal quickly Denyse - I hear the 2nd c-section is easier??! Our prayers and thoughts are with your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how happy I am - Mrs. Jackie and I KNEW you were going to have Carter, and not a girl. I haven't seen a smile that big on Jason's face - EVER - and then I see Hannah, and she's got as big a smile as her daddy - and I know that Mommy hasn't quit smiling, either. I know this is such a joyous time in your lives, and you know how quickly he will grow up!! It won't be long, until he'll want Hannah's toys, and then she will get mad at him!!! God is good, and He blessed your family with a healthy son, because you have been the best parents ever, since before Hannah was born. My love to you all, Mrs. Tracey

Unknown said...

He is absolutely beautiful Denyse!! I can't wait to meet him!! Let the shopping begin!! That's the best part I think. Aaron and I are so excited for y'all!! Congrats!

Sarah Babin said...

We are deliriously happy for all of you. Can't wait to meet Carter!

~SARAH~

Renata said...

You Englerts do have such pretty babies. He is precious! At first I thought he looked like you, but now I think he is a good composite. Enjoy. You know how fast they grow out of infancy.