Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We have so much for which to be thankful! While we are thankful everyday, Thanksgiving Day is a big reminder of our many blessings. I told Hannah that I was thankful for her and her baby brother/sister and her daddy and then asked her what she was thankful for. She said "I'm thankful for my babydolls and dollhouse". (I guess her daddy and I didn't make the top of her list) She has been a terrible sleeper lately, so I am thankful for the little sleep I do get. I'm telling myself that she is getting us ready for when Baby E2 arrives. Perhaps we will be thankful for the transition. It is hard to believe that is less than 2 months away!

We spent Thanksgiving Day with The Englert Family and Thanksgiving Evening with the Dufour Family. Mrs. Marilyn started a list with the Englert family trying to guess the sex, height and weight of Baby E2. All but 2 or 3 of them guessed the baby to be a boy. Since the last 7 born into that family have been girls, I think they are hoping for a change. It's been over 22 years since a boy has been born in the Englert family. I guess we'll find out soon enough. For Hannah I was certain she was a girl. I don't know why, but I just knew. With E2, I don't have a strong feeling. I think it may be a girl just because we don't have any girl names. We know for a boy, he will be Carter Joseph. For a girl.... Any suggestions are welcomed. We want biblical (but not Bathsheba), traditional, and one that goes well with Hannah Susanne.

Here are some pictures of our little turkey over the past 4 thanksgivings. It's amazing how fast time goes by.

Happy Thanksgiving!



Thanksgiving 2005...only 6 months old



Thanksgiving 2006... 18 months old



Thanksgiving 2007... 2 1/2 years



Thanksgiving 2008... 3 1/2 years... We may need a new bowl next year!

1 comment:

Sarah Babin said...

We are thankful for friends like you! Hard to believe how much Hannah has grown over the years. It goes WAY too fast. Babin is laying in the chair at the hospital and I read the blog. Here are his suggestions for a girl: Elizabeth, Rebecca, Theresa, Ruth, Mary, and Sarah. He has other suggestions but knowing my husband, you don't need to hear them. I, myself, think Sarah is a fine name, tee hee hee. Can't wait to meet and introduce E2 to Nathaniel. We'll see you soon, sometime in January, hopefully.
Much love and we miss you,
Sarah and the other Babins